Endovascular surgery is a modern method of surgery, minimally invasive, performed without incisions, through small punctures of the skin under visual radiological control.
Endovascular surgery is a modern method of surgery, minimally invasive, performed without incisions, through small punctures of the skin under visual radiological control. Complex approaches are possible and there is precise intraoperative control of hemodynamics in reconstructed territories.
The spectrum of services covered by Fort Collins vascular specialist near me is very wide.
Endovascular surgery in neurology and neurosurgery:
- Angioplasty and carotid artery stenting in primary and secondary stroke prophylaxis
- Endovascular occlusion of cerebral artery aneurysms
- Embolization of arterio-venous malformations
- Closure of the cavernous carotid fistulas
Endovascular surgery in oncology:
- Installation of the chemo port for long-term systematic chemotherapy
- Arterial catheter mounting for selective long-term tumor chemotherapy
- Chemoembolization of tumors and liver metastases
- Chemoembolization of prostate cancer
- Tumor embolization to stop bleeding
Endovascular surgery in obstetrics and gynecology:
- Treatment of uterine fibroids by embolization of the uterine arteries
- Uterine artery embolization in uterine angiodysplasia
- Stopping bleeding (gynecological, postpartum)
- Uterine artery embolization in the treatment of adenomyosis (in combination with myoma or separately)
- Uterine artery embolization in obstetric practice for placental insertion abnormalities
- Ovarian vein embolization in case of chronic pelvic pain syndrome
Endovascular surgery in urology:
- Vein embolization in case of varicocele
- Embolization in order to stop bleeding in urological practice
Endovascular methods in surgery:
- Balloon angioplasty and stenting of the visceral arteries in the case of ischemic abdominal syndrome
- Spleen embolization in patients with hypersplenism
- Selective or super-selective mounting of a catheter for antibiotic therapy
- Installation of a permanent dialysis catheter
- Stenting of stenoses, strictures and fistulas in arterio-venous thrombosis
Pain and recovery time after such an intervention are significantly reduced.